Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Not a Patient. Impatient To Go Home.

I woke up alone in our hospital room and immediately spun into action.  Quick shower, dress in whatever I pull out of the chaotic suitcase, and downstairs for a quick breakfast.

The cafeteria offered crappy egg dishes and other stuff.  Hunger made it all look good though.  I scarfed it down.  There is an Argo Tea in the lobby as well.  Pair one of the green teas with a pastry and you have the makings of a good continental breakfast.

Clean and nourished, I went first to check on Froggy Jr.  He was losing weight, but at a modest rate - quite normal.  JK was in a post-op recovery room by this time.  Much nicer than our patient room!  I was thinking that it wouldn't be so bad to remain.  Last, a visit to HB Jr., helped to convince me that all was well.  At least for the moment.

My mother and a friend showed up to check on JK.  She was groggy but happily no longer bleeding.  A pass through NICU to see and hold Froggy Jr. brightened her day.  Once she was allowed upstairs, I brought HB Jr.

JK's recovery was far from immediate.  She was still hooked to IVs and a catheter.  She looked a mess.

I suppose I felt effects even more once she was back to bathrooms and solid food.  My folks brought a wonderful gift one night - Chinese BBQ.  There was roast duck, steamed chicken, Chinese broccoli, etc.  I ate with relish.  Even JK, her appetite still not fully returned, ate with enthusiasm.

A short while later, it all came back up.  I helped to get her cleaned up of course... and we learned a valuable lesson about post-op eating.

Do so, but with caution.

I also helped her get to the bathroom, change bandages, change pads and underwear, etc.  Looking back, I think it was the first step toward getting rid of my gag reflex.

Meantime, I was becoming stir crazy and dying to take my family home.  Enough crappy food!  Enough days of no crapping!

Yes, it is true.  Days.  Five days, if you wish to know.  With no bowel movement.

Ah, the wonders of hospital cuisine.

Froggy Jr. remained in the NICU and JK eventually was mobile enough to see him.  She was so very happy when she was able to visit finally.  There was not much more time in our hospital stay.

But Froggy Jr.?  He would be staying.

4 comments:

  1. 173免費視訊美女
    live 173免費視訊
    173免費視訊秀
    免費視訊聊天室友
    后宮視訊聊天室
    免費影音視訊聊聊天室
    影音視訊聊聊天室
    ut聊聊天室
    ut影音視訊聊聊天室
    小可愛免費視訊
    同城聊天視頻網站美女真人視頻斗地主57娛樂多人視頻色哥哥妹妹綜合網大陸視訊網
    我愛約炮網美女真人斗地主視頻版美女視頻聊天交友社區美女激情挑逗圖片視訊網愛俱樂部
    都秀視頻聊天大廳誰有美女真人視頻的QQ號同城情人網約炮網日本成人黃色遊戲視訊網愛
    都秀視頻聊天下載美女真人視頻聊天看免費激情美女真人秀亂倫黃色電影小說推薦視訊網
    免費聊天直播室美女愛愛視頻真人免費qq真人秀日本性小說快播絲襪電影視訊驅動程式

    ReplyDelete
  2. 真愛旅舍美女主播視頻聊天室
    真愛旅舍免費視頻聊天室
    真愛旅舍聊天室真人秀場
    ut視訊聊天室福利視頻
    真愛旅舍真人視頻聊天室
    真愛旅舍啪啪啪視頻聊天室
    免費色視訊
    173live視訊美女
    173liveshow影音
    uthome視訊美女
    同城交友聊天室同城交友網絡聊天室午夜秀場電影在線觀看免費成人電影圖片免費交友網站
    激情視頻聊天室午夜美女真人聊天室成人秀色秀場直播間午夜電影網你懂得愛魅奇交友網站
    韓國裸聊視頻成人色情視頻哪裡有看網上qq裸聊是真的嗎看片網站 你懂得aio交友網站
    韓國美少女裸聊視頻性生活娛樂網成人色系視頻成熟女人的圖片熟女性愛自拍論壇交友聯誼
    韓國女主播樸妮嘜視頻區下載成人色情視頻裸聊性交毛片早熟在線觀看香港毛片佳緣交友

    ReplyDelete