Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Musings on Sperm

I'd like to say thank you for the many comments about the last episode, where I attempted to take a humiliating experience and squeeze the comedy out of it. Many of you seemed to believe I'd succeeded.

Kelly - thank you for reminding us all that the genders see and experience things differently. Maybe I have a purpose in that I can help the guy's view be more transparent to the Wannabe Moms.

I was shocked and amazed at the assertion that there may be pleasure in the guy experience! There isn't, I promise you, and the fellow that forgot the lube can really promise you (thank you Krista)!

One question Krista.  Were they butter knives or steak knives?

What did I say?  I'm just askin'!

A couple of the comments talk about having to perform on cue.  For most guys, that can really complicate matters.  Wannabe Moms - there is such a thing as performance anxiety.  Once things start malfunctioning, it's hard to recover.  I can't imagine how mortifying it must have been for waiting4amiracle's husband.  If that had happened to me, I would have been forced to return on another day.

Empty whole - thank you for sharing about your husband's inspiration.  I'm certain that his is not the most extreme case.  Not by a long shot.

That said, if I were taking my laptop into the Evocation Suite, I would try to hide it in a briefcase or a backpack.

Did he have an air card?

Despite everything discussed here, Wannabe Moms have it so much worse.  JK had to go under the knife five times before we made it to the other side.  I figure one surgery equals about fifty forced emissions.

Next time, I'll discuss another of those surgical procedures.

6 comments:

  1. Visiting from ICLW and wanted to thank you for your perspective on IF. It is good to hear the male perspective and you've helped me understand a little of what my husband may be feeling but unable to express. Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have a male 'voice' in this community. Best wishes on your journey.

    Here from ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so great hearing a male's perspective on dealing with infertility. I read a few posts and you seem to have a great sense of humor.

    ICLW #19

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mate, thanks so much for sharing - it's so great to hear a man's perspective on this stuff. Particularly when said man writes so nicely and with such humour! Looking forward to sitting down and reading the rest of your posts after ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enjoying your perspective, just read all of your posts from the beginning. You have a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. My husband had an AWFUL sperm evacuation experience that I've hesitated to write about b/c it would mortify him. That being said, thanks for sharing your story. :)

    (ICLW)

    ReplyDelete